Sam Allardyce confirms adding to his current squad is imperative once the January transfer window opens on Sunday.
The Palace boss has doubts over James McArthur, Joe Ledley and Sam Tomkins being available for the trip to the Emirates to face Arsenal on New Year’s Day – all three suffering with injuries.
Allardyce admits he is lacking strength-in-depth to get Palace out of a relegation battle, but hopes to fix the problem come January.
“We haven’t got enough numbers at the moment,” the 62-year-old said.
“If everyone was fit we wouldn’t be too bad. We want to sign a couple of players.
“It’s a difficult scenario we’re in to make some changes with the squad, but we’ll try and make it the right one.”
One injury boost for Palace is on-loan Chelsea striker Loic Remy returning to full training, but the Frenchman remains out of the picture until Allardyce visits his old club Bolton Wanderers, in the FA Cup on January 7.
With sufficient room to bolster several positions, Allardyce says he has left searching for new additions to Palace chairman, Steve Parish, whilst he concentrates on the current first-team players.
“We have one loan left so we’ll see what’s available,” the ex-England boss said. “I’ve been focusing on the team and the chairman on transfers.
“We would like them earlier in January but sometimes it’s a little easier towards the end of the month.”
Allardyce also put to bed rumours of highly-rated Palace winger, Wilfried Zaha, leaving the club after he returns from the Africa Cup of Nations.
“There is no potential of losing Wilfried permanently according to the chairman.”